Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week… Redding!
WHERE: Redding, CA
ABOUT: There are so many beautiful things to see in the sun kissed city of Redding, founded in 1887. Sitting off the shore of the Sacramento River, Redding is 62 square miles of adventure.
- Coffee Bar – “where coffee is truly an art”
- Deja Vu – this quaint eatery is a staple in downtown Redding and is known for their food, coffee and atmosphere
- Famous Dave’s – stop and chow down on the “best barbeque” in Redding, CA
- Carter House Art Gallery – this house is home to North Valley Art League’s art collection, where they host monthly art shows and auctions
- Lake Shasta Caverns National Natural Landmark – go spelunking in these caverns that were formed by cooled lava
- Sundial Bridge – this architectural wonder is the largest sundial in the world
- Air Shasta Rotor & Wing – spend anywhere from 15 mins to an hour flying over the Sundial Bridge, Sacramento river and downtown Redding
- Cascade Theater– take in a variety of shows while basking in the Art-Deco architecture of this 1930s theater
- Escape Redding – put your mind to the test while you try to escape your choice of 3 rooms through clues, puzzles and riddles
- Time Magazine named Redding the “Unofficial Capital of Kayaking.”
- Redding soaks in over 300 days of sun, making it the 2nd sunniest city in the country.
- All of the city’s drinking water comes from the Sacramento River.
Have you been to Redding? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!