Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week… Tucson!
WHERE: Tucson, AZ
ABOUT: This historic city is surrounded by mountains and filled with a rich culture. Tucson is the home of the University of Arizona’s Wildcats. You soak in the endless sun or find shade in the caverns, this city has endless activities for you!
- Renee’s Organic Oven – stop in flavorful food, great wine and even better deserts
- Teaspoon – try their innovative twist on classic breakfast dishes, like the bubble waffle
- Fiamme Pizza – authentic Italian inspired wood fire pizza
- The Mini Time Machine: Museum of Miniatures – marvel in over 400 antique and contemporary dollhouse and roomboxes
- Tucson Botanical Gardens – a peaceful site to see in this desert ecosystem
- Tucson Museum of Art – take in a wide variety of art genres, including Latin, European and Asian art collections
- Tucson Scavenger Hunt Adventure – take an unofficial tour of the city’s parks, cathedrals, hotels, theaters and so much more in this 3 hour hunt
- Pima Air & Space Museum – the largest privately funded air museum in the world
- Colossal Cave – one of the largest dry caverns in the world, to this day they haven’t found it’s end
- Tucson gets more sun than any city in the US.
- The Wall Street Journal dubbed this city “a mini-Mecca for the arts.”
- It is the oldest incorporated city in Arizona
Have you been to Tucson? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!