Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Washington D.C., host-city of 2019’s APTA CSM!
WHERE: Washington D.C.
ABOUT: The nation’s capital since 1790, Washington D.C. is a very complex and diverse city; the locals are unique and the tourists are eager. Every block holds something new… a simple walk around the city is an adventure in itself. From Georgetown to Dupont Circle to Columbia Heights, D.C. is full of cultural and educational knowledge.
- Ben’s Chili Bowl – you HAVE to make a stop here, the food is great and the atmosphere is just as good
- Logan Tavern – this place has good food (especially the burgers) and an even better Bloody Mary menu
- The Gibson – this cocktail lounge mirrors the 1800s with their pre-prohibition theme that has evolved over the generations
- Toki Underground – “DC’s original ramen house”
- National Mall – these monuments and memorials honor American forefathers and heroes, it is the nation’s most visited national park
- Lincoln’s Cottage – this is where President Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation
- The Dupont Underground – this once abandoned Metro station has been turned into an art exhibit and you can even see a live concert on the old tracks
- Chinatown – there are so many things to do within these 3 blocks: eat, shop and people watch
- Washington DC Segway Tour – this guided around the city is full of photo ops
- The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts – take in a show in this historical structure, Cinderella and Harlequinade will be gracing the stage soon
- The National Cathedral is protected by a Darth Vader gargoyle.
- The Library of Congress is the largest library in the world, it houses more than 162 million objects.
- Baseball’s 7th inning stretch originated in DC.
Have you been to D.C.? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!