Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Detroit!
WHERE: Detroit, MI
ABOUT: Reigning as Michigan’s largest city, Detroit is commonly known as the “Motor City” for its major ties to the auto industry. You cannot mention Detroit without giving homage to the great Motown Records, where many artists got their start – The Temptations, Smokey Robinson, The Jackson 5 and many more. Whether you’re soaking up the history that was made here or taking in the geographic wonders, you won’t be bored on assignment here!
- Sister Pie – you can find nontraditional flavor combinations that “celebrate the seasons through pie”
- Cloverleaf Bar & Restaurant – the best place to get the “crispy-cornered” Detroit style pizza
- Detroit Vegan Soul – a haven that caters to your vegetarian needs and accommodates many dietary restrictions
- Ima – this the go-to place for Japanese and Vietnamese influenced dishes
- The Heidelberg Project – an amazing outdoor environment ran by people that believe you can heal a community and its inhabitants’ lives through art
- The Motown Museum – this is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Southeast Michigan
- Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory – it is made of 5 ‘houses’ that will take you on a journey through different climates and the plant life that flourish in them
- MGM Grand Detroit Casino – you can find all kinds of fun here, from soulful lounges and restaurants to the ever-popular casino
- Fox Theatre – some of the biggest names in show business have graced this stage, earning it the title of Detroit’s crown jewel
- Escape the Room Detroit – this was ranked #2 out of 23 fun and games in Detroit
- Detroit was the first city to assign private phone numbers in 1879, doing away with the party line.
- This city has its own local currency, where they print $3 bills.
- Between 1961 and 1971, Motown Records produced 110 US top 10 hits.
Have you been to Detroit? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!