Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Oklahoma City!
WHERE: Oklahoma City
ABOUT: Oklahoma City is the state’s capital, one of two states in the country where the state’s name is of the city. The city is known for their cowboy culture and their capitol is surrounded by their many working oil wells and their byproducts. OKC has something for everyone! You can find the same attractions and comforts here that you will find any modern metropolis.
- Kitchen 324 – I’m sure you’ve had pot pie before but never with a whole drumstick in the middle, make sure to try their Fried Chicken Pot Pie
- Hideaway Pizza – this family owned pizzeria has been a part of OK culture since the late 1950s, for years they delivered pizza to schools in vividly painted Volkswagen Beetles that were hand painted by the employees
- Paseo Grill – “classic American cuisine with an international flair”
- The Myriad Botanical Gardens – this multifaceted facility has something to do for all ages, even your canine friends
- The American Pigeon Museum & Library – learn about the history and relationship between the common pigeon and man, you’ll be surprised
- A Moment in Time Illuminated Night Tour – walk the path of remembrance through the Oklahoma City National Memorial that honors the victims of the devastating bombing that took place in 1995
- Ride the Wheel – get an elevated view of Downtown Oklahoma City at the top of this 100 foot high Ferris Wheel that’s perfectly placed on the Santa Monica Pier
- Oklahoma City Zoo – this 110 acre zoo is often called a living museum for its diversity
- Riversport – make a day out of this trip, you have your pick of aquatic excursions and adventures
- Oklahoma means “Land of the Red People” in the Choctaw language.
- The first functioning parking meter and shopping cart were used in Oklahoma City.
- The state is home to more man-made lakes than any other states in the US, more 200 in number.
Have you been to Oklahoma City? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!