Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…San Antonio!
WHERE: San Antonio, TX
ABOUT: San Antonio is the 2nd largest city in Texas and the 7th largest in the United States, with a population of over 1.5 million. The city is filled with a rich Spanish history, one that impacted the history and lives of many Texans. In addition to the historical past, San Antonio is currently a major vacation spot for tourists, with the Riverwalk and Seaworld being at the top of the list of attractions. Here’s a list of some places you have to go if there’s ever an assignment here in your future!
- The Magnolia Pancake Haus – home of San Antonio’s best buttermilk pancakes
- Bliss – get a taste for what’s in season in the city, they pride themselves on their local, fresh ingredients and how they represent them
- Pollos Asados Los Nortenos – one of the most Authentic Mexican food restaurants you’ll ever try
- The Alamo – learn about 300 years of history; the place where many Texans (and others) fought for independence from Mexico
- San Antonio Botanical Garden – take in the beautiful flowers in bloom and get an understanding of the importance of plants in our lives
- Tower of Americas – get a 750 foot tall view of the Alamo city
- Natural Bridge Caverns – there is something to do for EVERYONE
- Escape the Room – solve puzzles and find clues to escape these elaborate rooms before time runs out
- SeaWorld San Antonio – get up close and personal with various creatures of the sea
- The first Church’s Chicken opened in San Antonio, right across the street from the Alamo.
- SeaWorld San Antonio is the largest marine-life park in the world.
- The nation’s first five air conditioned buildings were located in San Antonio
Have you been to San Antonio? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!