Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Arlington!
WHERE: Arlington, VA
ABOUT: Home to the Pentagon and Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia has a growing economy, strong education institutions and a hearty history scene. Sitting right outside of the Nation’s capital, this city is a hop, skip and a jump away from a day full of fun. Whether it’s taking in the serene landscape around the Potomac River or making it a day of history at Fort Meyers, Arlington is the place to be.
- Quarterdeck – classic American food with a HUGE emphasis on seafood
- Silver Diner Clarendon – eating here is like stepping into a time machine, with their nostalgic tabletop jukeboxes and big comfy booths
- Yayla Bistro – indulge in healthy Mediterranean food prepared fresh by skilled Turkish chefs
- Arlington National Cemetery – remember and explore the sacred grounds where more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families have been laid to rest
- Arlington House, The Robert E. Lee Memorial – this house educates visitors on Lee’s involvement in the history-changing war
- New District Brewing Company – over 100 years of production, NDBC is the first brewery in Arlington
- Pentagon Row – “a fantastic little pocket of perfect”
- Vernon Trail – hike this scenic trail that has some amazing point of interest along the path
- Signature Theatre – this is a non-profit professional theater company that reinvents classic plays and musicals and gives back to the community
- The Pentagon is the largest office building in the world and has 6 different zip codes.
- Arlington National Cemetery holds servicemen from every war in U.S. history.
- The Potomac River was deemed the “Nation’s River” when George Washington chose to build his home here.
Have you been to Arlington? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!