Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Sacramento!
WHERE: Sacramento, CA
ABOUT: Sacramento is the capital of California with a population of a little over 500,000, making it the sixth largest city in the state. Commonly known as the city of trees – see the fun facts – Sacramento is a beautiful mixture of so many cultures, people and landscapes. Be it relaxing in the park or watching the boats at the marina, there is so much to be done here. You won’t be bored!
- Bacon & Butter – what’s better than bacon & butter?
- Petra Greek – get your fix for authentic Greek food, along with a great wine and beer list
- The Kitchen – this open concept eatery really gets the guests involved with entire experience from beginning to end
- Broadway Sacramento – for more than 60 years, this theater has entertained over 250,000 patrons a year with a plethora of plays and musicals
- California State Railroad Museum – this is North America’s largest railroad museum
- Crocker Art Museum – take in a diverse selection of art including master drawings and international ceramics
- Sacramento Zoo – this zoo has over 400 species of amazing animals
- William Land Regional Park – there is so much to do here, spend the day in the shady trees or playing a game of basketball
- Rock the Yacht Cocktail Cruise – on this hour and a half excursion, you will cruise along the Sacramento River listening to music and indulging in cocktails
- Sacramento is California’s fourth and seventh capitol city – it became the permanent seat of California’s government in 1854.
- It is the home of the first Pony Express.
- This city is second in number of trees per capita in the world, Paris, France being the first.
Have you been to Sacramento? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!