Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week… Greenville!
WHERE: Greenville, SC
ABOUT: Greenville is a small(ish) city in the North West corner of South Carolina, with a population of less than 70,000 people. No matter where you are in this historic town, the natural attractions can be seen all around. The downtown area is noticeably expanding with its rapid increase in shops, art galleries, tours and outdoor activities. This town is a welcoming getaway for anyone that visits.
- Soby’s – for 20 years this restaurant has paid tribute to southern comfort foods with natural and local ingredients, their fried green tomatoes are the talk of the town
- White Duck Taco Shop – named after their chatty Chef “La Pata Blanca,” this eatery offers over 15 unique taco flavor combinations
- Mike & Jeffs BBQ – slow cooked over an open fire, this bar-b-que will fall off the bone and melt in your mouth
- West End – this is the heart of historic Greenville, take in the restored architecture and the beautiful natural scenery
- The Peace Center – a one stop shop venue for live entertainment ranging from plays to concerts
- Liberty Bridge – these serene falls are a gem of the city
- Dark Corner Distillery – this micro distillery specializes in making small batches of “The World’s Best Moonshine”, aged whiskey, gin, absinthe and other distilled spirits
- Greenville Zoo – make a day of taking in the exotic animals from all over the world
- Paris Mountain State Park – one of the 47 state parks in the South Carolina, with a day’s worth of fun activities
- There is a doughnut catapult sculpture that commemorates the ongoing Krispy Kreme vs. Dunkin’ Donuts war.
- This city was formerly known as Pleasantburg until the name was changed in 1831.
- Greenville is located in what was originally Cherokee land.
Have you been to Greenville, SC? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!