Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Boise!
WHERE: Boise, ID
ABOUT:Boise is the capital of Idaho and is covered with an amazing natural backdrop. So much so, It was named ‘Le Boise’ – The City of Trees, by french fur trappers that settled in the area. This city is an outdoor man or woman’s dream! The river, mountain ranges, canyons and rivers will make your time here well-spent. Alongside its long list of outside activities, downtown Boise is booming! Spend the day soaking up the sun and the nights eating locally grown food and maybe see a show. Don’t waste a day at home when there’s so much to be done!
- Fresh off the Hook – “fresh seafood fast…guaranteed!”
- Wylder – here you’ll find some of the best pizza made with local ingredients and amazing craft cocktails
- Bombay Grill – one of the best Indian food restaurants you’ll find in the Boise area
- Freak Alley Gallery – this is the largest outdoor mural gallery in the Northwest, local artist are allowed to showcase their work for Boise natives and tourists to see
- Old Idaho Penitentiary – learn about over 100 years of prison history, it is even rumored to be haunted 😱
- Idaho Anne Frank Human Rights Memorial – this memorial was erected to induce thought and the want to engage with others on human rights issues
- Middle Fork Adventures – experience “river life” through kayaking and rafting through the “River of No Return Wilderness”
- Snake River Winery – this 75 acre vineyard produces intense and concentrated flavors that Idaho wine is known for
- Bogus Basin Ski Resort – a year round facility for skiing in the winter, hiking and relaxing in the lodge in the spring/summer/fall
- Instead of the standard disco ball drop to bring in the New Year, Boise drops a giant Idaho Potato.
- Though not enforced anymore, it is illegal to ride a merry-go-round on Sundays and it’s currently illegal for one citizen to give another citizen a box of candy that weighs more than 50 pounds.
- Boise is a regional hub for jazz, theater, and indie music.
Have you been to Boise? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!