Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Louisville!
WHERE: Louisville, KY
ABOUT: Louisville is Kentucky’s largest city that sits on the Ohio River bordering Indiana – some locals refer to the area as “Kentuckiana.” The city has a shocking 122 parks that are covered in 14,000 acres of lush greenery. The Jefferson Memorial Forest is the largest urban forest in the country. In addition to the natural wonders, the city is full of theaters, clubs, restaurants that can liven up any night on the town!
- Havana Rumba Middletown – get an authentic taste of Cuba while staying stateside
- Mussel & Burger Bar – a delicious gourmet twist on an all-time favorite
- Guaca Mole Cocina Mexicana – the best Mexican food in Louisville, it will exceed your expectations
- The Big Four Bridge – this well-lit bridge is a must see when in Louisville
- Muhammad Ali Center – take in award-winning exhibits and 5 screens that showcase the home town hero’s great works, in and out of the ring
- Fourth Street Live – located in the heart of downtown, this is the premier place for entertainment and dining
- Louisville Mega Cavern – this cave features the only underground zip line adventure tour
- Evan Williams Bourbon Experience – the first distillery on Whiskey Row, the former heart of Louisville’s Bourbon industry
- Cherokee Park – this park’s serene open meadows rolling hills are perfect for taking a hike, walking your dog or people watching
- 95% of the world’s bourbon is produced in Kentucky.
- Louisville is home to the oldest steamboat, the Belle of Louisville will be turning 105 this year.
- The first successful hand transplant ever was performed here.
Have you been to Louisville? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!