Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Phoenix!
WHERE: Phoenix, AZ
ABOUT: Arizona’s capital and the 6th largest city in the country, Phoenix is branded the “Valley of the Sun.” Phoenix known for its year round warm temperatures and the beautiful plant life that thrives there. In addition to the sunshine, this city is a booming tourist attraction. The golf courses, spa/resorts, restaurants and nightclubs bring the people in and keep them there!
- Rusconi’s American Kitchen – enjoy a wide variety of your favorite dishes with a unique Valley twist
- Shaanxi Garden – over 50 dishes of “real deal” Chinese food
- GhettYo’ Taco – cheap and tasty tacos just steps from Downtown Phoenix
- Papago Park – not only can you take in this beautiful park, but you can make a day of it with the Zoo right next door
- El Barrio – 20 larger than life murals that decorates the buildings and alleys of Phoenix
- Desert Botanical Garden – learn more about the flowers that flourish in the desert landscape
- Guided ATV Desert Tour – this thrilling off road adventure is one you won’t forget
- Deluxe Grand Canyon Day Trip – visit and learn about the breathtaking Grand Canyon
- Phoenix Zoo – it is home to more than 400 different species, some of which are threatened and/or endangered
- The hottest recorded temperature in Phoenix was 122 degrees in the summer of 1990! 😱
- There are over 200 golf courses in the Greater Phoenix area.
- Harming the saguaro cactus is a class four felony with a possible three year, nine-month jail sentence.
Have you been to Phoenix? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!