Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Kansas City!
WHERE: Kansas City, MO
ABOUT: If nothing else you are guaranteed to get your fill of three things in Kansas City: barbeque, jazz and fountains! This city has over 100 barbeque restaurants that showcases its own unique and distinct flavor. That doesn’t even scratch the surface of the amazing foods available here. If you’re a jazz lover, you will be fascinated by the deep musical roots here. The jazz scene decorates KC nightlife and draws you in! You can spend your days taking in the eclectic collection of fountains that are scattered across the city; the architecture is amazing. There is so much to do here while on assignment, you won’t be bored!
- Gates Bar-B-Q – a family owned eatery that embodies the true taste of Kansas City BBQ
- Bo Lings – with 6 locations throughout the state of Kansas, they tastefully combines Chinese cuisine and fine dining
- Gojo’s – “Kansas City’s #1 Japanese Steakhouse”
- Country Club Plaza – Kansas City’s cultural district where one can eat, shop and learn about the city
- The Ewing and Muriel Kauffman Memorial Garden – this breathtaking garden is a tribute to a well-known philanthropist in the city; year round you will see a wide variety of beautiful greenery and fountains
- National WWI Museum and Memorial – learn about World War I in its entirety, from the beginning to the grueling end
- Negro Leagues Baseball Museum – the only museum in the world that is dedicated to the preservation and celebration of the impact African-American baseball had on this nation
- Tom’s Town Distillery Tour and Tasting – learn about and taste the award winning spirits named after KC’s “most corrupt political boss”
- Let’s Roam Scavenger Hunt – tie up your walking shoes and prepare to spend your day in the city’s historic center solving clues and riddles
- Walt Disney opened his first animation studio, called Laugh-O-Gram Studios, in Kansas City. Mickey Mouse was inspired by a real-life mouse in the building.
- Kansas City has over 200 fountains, earning its nickname The City of Fountains.
- There are more BBQ restaurants per capita than any other city
Have you been to Kansas City? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!