Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Chicago!
WHERE: Chicago, IL
ABOUT: Chicago is one of the country’s largest cities, reigning in at #3 in population. This city has one of the most easily recognized skylines with the Willis Tower – formally known as the Sears Tower – soaring over its inhabitants. Covering 237 square miles of land, Chicago host approximately 52 million tourists a year! A few things come to mind when you think of Chicago: pizza, music and the mob. However, this town offers so much more!
- Lou Malnati’s – you haven’t tried real deep dish pizza until you’ve stop at Lou’s
- Girl & The Goat – unique and bold flavor twists on classic dishes
- Eleven City Diner – one of the few places where you can get deli quality sandwiches and home-style breakfast all day long
- Skydeck – get a one of a kind view of Chicago from 103 floors off of the ground
- The Magnificent Mile – spend the day getting to know the city, with 13-blocks of style, flavor, entertainment and fun
- The House of Theater of Chicago – their ultimate goal is “to unite Chicago in the spirit of the community through amazing feats of storytelling”
- Millennium Park – one of the city’s most popular sights
- Chicago Crime and Mob Tour – learn about big mod names and their day-to-day lives in “the business”
- Adler Planetarium – explore the darkest corners of the universe at the country’s first planetarium
- Spray paint, zippers, the Ferris wheel, Twinkies and vacuum cleaners were all invented in here.
- Through civil engineering efforts starting back in 1887, the Chicago River flows backwards.
- Four states are visible from the top of the Willis Tower – Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, and Wisconsin.
Have you been to Chicago? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!