Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Rapid City!
WHERE: Rapid City, SD
ABOUT: Commonly known as “City of Presidents” for its focus on the founding fathers and the history of this nation, Rapid City is historic gold mine. They even have a scavenger hunt to see and learn about the presidents that are immortalized in statue form around the city. If history isn’t your thing, this city is surrounded by beautiful geographic wonders, like Mount Rushmore and the Badlands. There are so many activities to fill your days here!
- Sickies Garage Burgers & Brews – award winning burgers and beers but the real star of the show are the Sickies Nachos
- Delmonico Grill – the best fine dining steakhouse in the city
- Que Pasa Cantina – modern Mexican Kitchen with a great Tequila Bar
- America’s Founding Fathers Exhibit – learn about all 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence 😱
- Pawnseum – a world class pawn shop that has become its own little museum filled with rare collectables
- Badlands National Park – these amazingly unique rock formations are a must see sight while you’re here, including Mount Rushmore
- Reptile Gardens – this unique animal park is home to dozens of reptiles, big and small
- Tinder Box Cigar Bar – if cigars are your thing this place is for you, their hand rolled cigars and fine spirits are the perfect accessories for your relaxation
- Black Hills Party Pedaler – you and 7 friends can pedal your way through the city but don’t worry it’s motorized in case there’s more partying than pedaling
- You can touch a piece of the Berlin Wall in Memorial Park.
- South Dakota has one of the largest American Indian populations in the country, nearly 60,000 people and nine tribes.
Have you been to Rapid City? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!