Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Austin!
WHERE: Austin, TX
ABOUT: Austin is the capital city and 4th most populous city in Texas and is proudly “weird”.
- Easy Tiger Bake Shop & Beer Garden – a bakery and café with a Creekside beer garden? Perfect place for brunch or to spend an afternoon!
- Terry Black’s BBQ – you can’t go to Austin and not try the barbeque. There are so many places to taste-test, but Terry Black’s should be toward the top of your list!
- Quesoff (festival) – just what it sounds like… a food festival in July dedicated to queso! Give us all the cheese. Yum!
- Circuit of the Americas – Home to the only Formula 1 and MotoGP races in the country, COTA offers a wide range of motorsports, concerts, and soccer events to see year-round.
- Bullock Texas State History Museum – the official history museum of the State of Texas, the Bullock Museum has permanent and temporary exhibits that cover the state’s unique history.
- Cathedral of Junk – is it art? Is it junk? Yes and yes. This multi-level structure is artfully made of 60+ tons of junks.
- Swimming Holes – summers in Austin can be hot, so make sure to check out and cool off in one of the many Austin-area swimming holes!
- Austin City Limits Music Festival – taking place over two weekends in October, the ACL festival brings together more than 100 bands from all over the world playing music from just about any genre out there!
- Tejano Walking Trail – the almost 5-mile walking trail takes you through a visual history of post-Civil War to the Cesar Chavez statue, dedicated in 2009.
- Austin is considered the live music capital of the world.
- Austin has the largest urban bat colony in North America, with a colony of about 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats.
- The Texas State Capitol building is the second largest capital building, behind Washington, D.C.
Have you been to Austin? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!