Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…San Jose, CA!
WHERE: San Jose, CA
ABOUT: Sitting in the heart of Silicon Valley, San Jose is a major hub for technology and innovation for the United States, not just California. Depending on what time of the year you visit, you get to enjoy dry summers or cozy winters, the perfect weather for everyone! Luckily, you won’t have to venture out of downtown to get lost in all that this city has to offer. From the Museums to the historical landmarks, this city has more than enough to fill your spare time while here on assignment.
- Bill’s Café – this American café is perfect for all of your breakfast needs, morning noon or night
- HOM Kitchen – healthy and delicious are the words to describe this authentic Korean eatery
- Bibo’s NY Pizza – bringing New York to California, this family owned pizzeria will not disappoint
- Municipal Rose Garden – take in over 4,000 breathtaking rose buds that decorate these 6 acres
- The Tech Museum of Innovation – known for its forward thinking, this museum will open and blow your mind
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph – after more than 200 centuries, this landmark stands tall in the heart of downtown San Jose
- Mountain Winery – wet your whistle with some wonderful wine and amazing live music
- San Jose Flea Market – if you’re feeling thrifty and have a knack for haggling, I’m sure you will find something here
- Japantown – indulge in Japanese culture and cuisine
- San Jose was California’s first capital.
- So many things were invented here, like: the floppy disk, hard drives, and even Eggo Waffles.
- There are over 6,500 technology companies that calls San Jose home, making it the most tech concentrated area in the world.
Have you been to San Jose? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!