Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…LA!
WHERE: Los Angeles, CA
ABOUT: The literal star of Southern California, Los Angeles is the entertainment capital of the world. Prominent neighborhoods, like Hollywood and Beverly Hills, house some the biggest names in television and cinema! In addition to the stars, this city is known for being a cultural mecca; the diversity one finds here is like no other. Outside of the typical trip to the Hollywood sign or taking a stroll down the Walk of Fame, there are so many things that can be done here. LA has something for everyone!
- Petit Trois – this Parisian eatery is known to be one of the best in the city
- Hayato – an authentic Japanese experience where patrons can indulge in over 10 courses, you’ll leave here satisfied
- Roscoes Chicken & Waffles – a LA favorite and a must for any trip to the city
- Venice Canals – take a leisurely canoe ride down the canals or stroll alongside of California’s very own “Venice”
- Bergamot Station – dozens of free art galleries that showcases some of the best artists in LA
- The Getty Center – one could lost in the beauty this building holds, from the art pieces to the gardens
- Venice Beach – relax on the warm sands or fly high in the sky on a parasail, the options are limitless here
- Universal Studios – tap into your childhood and enjoy a day at this action packed amusement park
- La Brea Tar Pits & Museum – the world’s ONLY active excavation site that dates back to the Ice Age
- It is illegal to drive more than 2000 sheep down Hollywood Blvd.
- The city’s original name was “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora Reaina de los Angeles sobre el Rio Porciuncula,” which means “The town of our lady queen of the angels on the Porciuncula River.”
- LA is the 2nd most populated city, behind New York City.
Have you been to Los Angeles? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!