Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Tampa!
WHERE: Tampa, FL
ABOUT: Tampa is a historic city with many Cuban and Spanish influences, be it food, architecture or the overall culture. If you fancy yourself an outdoorsman (or woman), there are multiple parks here to lose a day in. If beaches are your thing, this city has one of the most beautiful beaches on the Gulf Shore. While all of that is fun, the city’s nightlife is the real star of the show. From unique bars to the live music, your time spent here will not be wasted!
- Datz Tampa – “a craft beer oasis, a bourbon lover’s paradise, a foodie wonderland filled with bacon, cheese, and house-made breads”
- Happy Fish Restaurant – some of the best food you’ll find in the city
- Flames Indian Cuisine – indulge in authentic dishes from various regions throughout India
- Big Cat Rescue – this little piece of heaven is home to more than 80 wild cats, ranging from big to small
- Lettuce Lake Regional Park – make a day of exploring and enjoying this 240 acre park, they have everything from Kayaks to playgrounds
- Ybor City – one of the many National Historic Landmarks that decorates the state of Florida – it’s said to be haunted
- Busch Gardens – the ultimate family adventure filled with rides and loads of entertainment
- Tampa History Cruise – learn the history of this 4,00 year old city, you’ll even see a real pirate ship
- Yuengling Brewery – take a FREE tour of America’s oldest brewery (even the generously sized samples are FREE!)
- Here you can find the world’s longest continuous sidewalk, Bayshore Blvd.
- Tampa is the lightening capital of the world.
- You can find the softest and whitest sand on Siesta Key Beach, it has a made up of at least 95% pure quartz
Have you been to Tampa? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!