Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Tacoma!
WHERE: Tacoma, WA
ABOUT: Known to some as Seattle’s little sister, Tacoma sits to the South of this city on the banks of Puget Sound. Along with breathtaking natural wonders, you’ll find that the museums here are memorable in their own right. From the Museum of Glass to the Foss Maritime Museum, there is a limitless amount of information to be absorbed here. So if knowledge is your thing, you can couple that with good food and amazing sites while here on assignment.
- Dirty Oscar’s Annex – the city’s only moonshine bar that serves breakfast and dinner
- Over the Moon Café – a European eatery that specializes in French and Italian dishes
- Pacific Grill – a sophisticated dining experience with a hint of fun
- Point Defiance Park – hundreds of acres of tranquility and adventure, one could easily spend a day here
- LeMay – America’s Car Museum – marvel in over 300 automobile whose ages date back to over 100 years ago
- Chihuly Bridge of Glass – this 500 foot bridge showcases 3 of the beautiful Chihuly pieces, citizens are open to see these wonders at any time of the day
- Narrows Brewing Company – this waterfront taproom and brewery has 14 rotating taps that include ciders, wines and of course beers
- BJ’s Bingo & Gaming – “the finest gaming entertainment in the Pacific Northwest”
- Party Cycle NW – pedal through the city’s historic business district to visit local bars and pubs
- The name Tacoma means Mother of the Waters and is known as the “city of destiny.”
- Point Defiance is the 2nd largest urban park, right behind Central Park in NYC.
- Tacoma has been named one of the most livable cities in the area.
Have you been to Tacoma? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!