Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Shreveport!
WHERE: Shreveport, LA
ABOUT: Louisiana is home to some amazing cities, filled with rich culture, great food and people that make you feel like family. Shreveport is definitely one of those cities. It sits on the banks of the Red River and is as festive as its sister, New Orleans. Depending on what time of the year you visit, you can enjoy a Mardi Gras celebration that rivals NOLA. You won’t be disappointed! During the day, there is history to be learned and at night there’s tons of fun to get into under the beautiful city lights. This place is perfect for your next assignment!
- Crawdaddys Kitchen – kick back and enjoy the rustic atmosphere while you indulge in some authentically soulful Cajun food
- Twisted Root – a burger joint that started in Downtown Dallas and has since made its way to Louisiana, bringing its creatively tasty burgers with it
- Bella Fresca – this upscale eatery serves a variety of refined dishes along with amazing cocktails
- Walter B Jacobs Memorial Nature Park – 5 miles of forest, just perfect for bike rides and picnics
- Red River District – here you can find historic boats that have been turned into casinos and restaurants
- Shreveport Little Theatre – this historic venue is oldest operating community theatre in the country
- On Cloud Wine Winery – “the biggest little winery in Louisiana”
- Destiny Day Spa and Salon – detach from the work week and relax with serviced that include: massages, body wraps , manis/ pedi and more
- When Baton Rouge and Opelousas succeeded under Union control during the Civil War, Shreveport became the state’s capital for a short time.
- The world’s first Shriners Hospital was founded here.
- Funeral directors are prohibited from giving away matchbooks in Shreveport. (random right?🤷♀️)
Have you been to Shreveport? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!