Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…San Diego!
WHERE: San Diego, CA
ABOUT: San Diego is a city in Southern California that is known for its beaches, warm climate and a plethora of interesting attractions. Nicknamed “America’s Finest City,” San Diego is a melting pot of culture, knowledge and fun. From the diverse neighborhoods to the magnificent natural wonders, you are bound to fall in love with this place! Make San Diego your next memorable assignment!!
- Meze Greek Fusion – the food isn’t the only Greek inspired aspects of this eatery, you can feel the essence of the Greek islands in the atmosphere
- Juniper and Ivy – “elevated, modern dining with a left-coast edge”
- Kettner Exchange – here you’ll find a rotating menu that pays homage to San Diego’s rich nautical history
- Embarcadero – a breathtaking harbor-front where you can eat, shop and sight-see
- San Diego Old Town – this the sight of the First European settlement, here you can take a look into 1820
- Gaslamp Quarter – this 16 block historic area of downtown San Diego has more than 90 historic buildings that house breweries, bars, lounges and restaurants
- Balboa Park – an urban park is home to a zoo, museums, and live shows – definitely a one stop shop for fun
- Whale Watching – if you’re here from December to April, you get a chance to see California Grey Whales migrate from Alaska to Baja, CA
- Belmont Park – this amusement park is nearly a century old and it is still up and running today, with 12 rides, a mini golf course and a few eateries
- The top employer for this city is the US Navy.
- San Diego holds the #1 spot for most avocados produced.
- It is illegal to swim in any of the lakes within the city; however, with shoreline like theirs, who would want to?!
Have you been to San Diego? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!