Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…St. Louis!
WHERE: St. Louis, MO
ABOUT: One of the many major cities that rest along the Mississippi River, St. Louis is a place filled with beer , blues and baseball. On any given day, you can see the majestic Clydesdales of Anheuser Busch at Grant Farms; the brewing company has been here since 1852!😳 If hockey is your thing, the St. Louis Blues are a major thing here. However, baseball reigns supreme! The Cardinals are one of the most successful franchise in the MLB and they proudly call St. Louis home. Those are the tip of the iceberg of things to do in “The Lou.” There is an endless list of activities to do while on assignment here, which will you do first?!
- Sweetie Pie’s Upper Crust – enjoy a good home cooked meal loaded with soul and southern hospitality
- Pappy’s Smokehouse – this fresh, slow smokes BBQ brings Memphis to Missouri
- Lonas Lil Eats – the cutest little eatery where you can get authentic Chinese and Thai cuisine
- The Gateway Arch – ride to the top of the Saint Louis Arch, this 630 ft structure is the tallest man made monument in the U.S.
- National Blues Museum – learn about the legacy of Blues music and the impact it had on the world
- Lone Elk Park – not a park you’ll find everywhere – here you’ll find bison, elk, deer and other animals
- City Museum – this interactive museum will bring your inner child out, equipped with over 30 slides, miles of tunnels, countless climbing structures
- Missouri Botanical Garden – 79 acres of diverse gardens, conservatories and unique displays
- The Muny – this is St. Louis’ outdoor music theatre and is the oldest/largest of its kind in America
- True to its French roots, St. Louis hosts the largest Mardis Gras celebration outside of NOLA.
- The first interstate highway and kindergarten was established here.
- St. Louis was the first American city to host the Olympics.
- Ice Cream and 7-Up were both invented here.
Have you been to St. Louis? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!