Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Bangor!
WHERE: Bangor, Maine
ABOUT: The city of Bangor is rich in environmental wonders, from the parks to the Penobscot River. If you fancy yourself a folklore enthusiast, Bangor is home to a 31-foot Paul Bunyan statue. With natural wonders like New Hermon Mountain so close by, who would want to stay in doors?? Discover a love for nature and tap into your inner outdoors-man here!
- Thistles Restaurant – enjoy a global experience in these four walls, the menu ranges from French to Argentinian and everything in between
- Kobe Ninja House – imagine a run of the mill Japanese restaurant with a prime cut of steak on the side
- Taste of India – here you will find authentic Indian food served with a side of elegance
- Paul Bunyan statue – hopefully you aren’t taking a trip to the police station (where he lives), but this 31 foot tall statue is a bearded legend
- Stephen King Tours – get to know Stephen King a little more by seeing where he lived and actual locations for some of his most famous films
- Cascade Park – a great place for picnics or a serene stroll, this park will relax you
- New Hermon Mountain – take a quick 10 minute ride to hit these slopes that guarantees fun in the snow
- Hollywood Casino Bangor – one of the two casinos in the state of Maine, enjoy some slots, table games and a live poker room
- Bangor Drive-In – if you’re feeling nostalgic, this drive in movie will take you back for some good old-fashioned fun.
- Bangor is known as the “Queen City” of Maine.
- The state animal is the majestic moose.
- 90% of the country’s toothpick supply comes from here
Have you been to Bangor? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!