Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Albuquerque!
WHERE: Albuquerque, NM
ABOUT: Founded in 1706, Albuquerque is one of the nation’s oldest inland communities with a rich Native American and Spanish history. Here you can find wide open spaces, more than 300 days of sun and cool mornings, thanks to the air currents formed by the Sandia Mountains. These amazing conditions have made it possible for Albuquerque to be dubbed the “Hot Air Balloon Capital of the World.” During the first week in October, over 500 air balloons grace the city’s skies for the International Balloon Fiesta. There is something to do here for everyone, whether you fancy yourself a nature buff, history fanatic or thrill seeker. You will not be disappointed!
- Grove Café & Market – American Style, locally grown food that will not disappoint
- Monroe’s Restaurant – a place where you can get new style Mexican food or a burger, take your pick
- Antiquity Restaurant – this romantic steakhouse envelopes its customers in a rustic atmosphere
- Petroglyph National Monument – one of the largest Petroglyph, an image carved into rock, sites in the world
- Cibola National Forest – this beautiful forest covers more than 1.6 million acres of New Mexico land, wow!
- Travertine Falls – go for a hike, bike ride or peaceful stroll along this 1.1 mile trail
- ABQ BioPark Zoo – this unique environmental museum is home to the Rio Grande Zoo, Botanic Garden, Albuquerque Aquarium and Tingley Beach – talk a day full of fun
- Albuquerque Sunrise Hot Air Balloon – cross one more thing off of your bucket list while seeing the world from high in the sky
- Cliff’s Amusement Park – you get an amusement and water park all in one
- Albuquerque is the highest metropolitan city in the country, sitting at 5,314 feet above sea level.
- There are more than 172 city parks here.
- This is the nuclear capital of the US, most of the nuclear research is conducted here.
Have you been to Albuquerque? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!