Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Rochester!
WHERE: Rochester, MN
ABOUT: One of Minnesota’s hidden gems, Rochester is “distinguished by its culture of caring, spirit of innovation, and friendly hospitality.” Another thing Rochester is known for is its beautiful natural scenery; it is like no other! In your down time, be sure to take in the history of the city while on their famous trolley tour or catch a concert at the convention center. These are just a few of the activities that Rochester has to offer. This is city is ever growing and definitely an assignment location that will surprise you!
- Pasquale’s Neighborhood Pizzeria – here you can indulge in authentic Sicilian pizza
- Tonic – this local juice bar and kitchen is the perfect place to meet friends or get some work done
- Forager Brewery – a brewery that serves vibrant dishes made from local produce , definitely farm to table
- Quarry Hill Nature Center – take a hike or ride through 320 acres of park land and be sure to take a look at the 1,700 gallon native-fish aquarium
- Semva Art Gallery – over 65 artist from SE Minnesota display their work here; exhibits range from paintings to jewelry and everything in between
- Douglas Trail – the rural scenery along this trail really encompasses Minnesota, you will see forest, fields and pastures
- Salem Glen Vineyard and Winery – this family owned boutique winery has been open since 2006 and since then has made a name for itself throughout Minnesota
- Rochester Downtown Farmers Market – rain or shine, people come from miles around to provide the Rochester population with home grown goods
- Rochester Civic Theatre – a non-profit organization that is dedicated to educating the community through live theater, music and dance
- Rochester is Minnesota’s fastest growing city.
- The world renowned Mayo Clinic originated from here.
Have you been to Rochester? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!