Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Torrance!
WHERE: Torrance, CA
ABOUT: The seaside city of Torrance sits in the Southwest corner of Los Angeles County, one of the most popular area in California. Torrance’s claim to fame is the beautiful beach, which stretches 1.5 mils down the coast and meets the Pacific Ocean. The beach isn’t the only attractive quality that this city offers, there are countless museums and attractions that will draw you in. While here you have to take a trip to the Torrance Art Museum or Western Museum of Flight, both will leave you wanting more. This is definitely a great place for a vacation – or 13 week assignment.
- Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar – this seasonally inspired eatery is the perfect setting to fill up on American classics
- Gen Korean BBQ House – indulge in some authentic Korean cuisine and amazing service
- Gaetano’s – a family owned Italian restaurant that dates back to the early 90’s
- Madrona Marsh Preserve – one of the last freshwater marshes in LA County
- Torrance Cultural Arts Center – a combination of modern art and function – this place houses art studios, banquet halls, a Japanese garden and much more
- Smog City Brewing Company – the leading beer brewing company in LA County
- Torrance Beach – enjoy a day in the sun, where surfing, swimming and scuba diving are just a few of the activities you can do here
- Torrance Antique Street Faire – on every 4th Sunday of the month, more than 200 vendors set up to sell a plethora of goodies that will surely catch your eye
- The Comedy & Magic Club – what a perfect way to spend an off day, with laughs and astonishing tricks
- Torrance has year-round comfortable climate, thanks to the breeze from the sea and the mild temperatures.
- There are over 30 parks in the city of Torrance alone, totaling to over 300 acres of land.
Have you been to Torrance? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!