Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Gainesville!
WHERE: Gainesville, GA
ABOUT: Nestled halfway between the Appalachian Mountains and the busy city of Atlanta, lies Gainesville, the Poultry Capital of the US. Because of its prime location, Gainesville is an economic and tourism hub for NE Georgia. Places like the Lake Lanier Olympic Park and the Chattahoochee Golf Course, are just a few attractions that make that distinction possible. Not to mention there is an extensive list of local restaurants, historical tours and family-friendly activities to keep you occupied. There is always something to do here!
- 2 Dog – this local eatery prides itself on freshness and locally sourced ingredients
- Luna’s Restaurant – “the best American cuisine with a Continental flair”
- Mellow Mushroom – a lively pizzeria with delicious pizza combos and an impressive bar to go along with them
- Atlanta Botanical Garden – located on 168 acres of donated land, this garden is said to be the most diverse of its kind in the country
- Don Carter State Park – this park is great for camping, hiking and many more outdoor activities
- Northeast Georgia History Center – here you can learn about the region’s history through programs and exhibits
- North Georgia Canopy Tours – spend a day getting lost in the trees, they offer: ziplines, skybridges, disc golf, furnished teepees, hiking trails and so much more
- Paradise Boat Rental – take the chance to rent a wide range of boats, from pontoons to party boats, and sail across peaceful lake waters
- Downtown Craft – a large list of locally brewed and national beers
- Gainesville became the first city south of Baltimore to have street lights.
- In 1996, the Rowing/Kayaking portion of the Olympics were hosted here.
- The booming poultry industry brings in over $1,000,000,000 each year.
Have you been to Gainesville? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Check out our current jobs in the Gainesville area: