Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Cooperstown!
WHERE: Cooperstown, NY
ABOUT: Cooperstown is a village in central New York that sits at the bottom of Otsego Lake. The star of this city is the Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, but that is not all that they have to offer. On top of the long list of area-specific museums, there are many natural wonders available to check out too. Council Rock Park and the Sleeping Lion Hiking Trails are just a few places where you can get in touch with the great outdoors. If you’re up to it, the Howe Caverns are just an hour away and a whole adventure in itself. This quaint town is the perfect place to unplug and relax. Is this your next assignment?
- Mel’s at 22 – a fun environment for family and friends to indulge in American classics with a twist
- Nicoletta’s Italian Café – this family owned and operated restaurant will make you feel at home, no matter where you’re from
- Origins Café at Carefree Gardens – here they focus on locally sourced ingredients to ensure that “small farms prosper,” so much so their business follows harvest schedule and is closed for some months out of the year
- National Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum – for over 75 years, this museum has been dedicated to honoring, preserving and educating others on America’s pastime
- Glimmerglass State Park – the perfect place for wildlife watching, hiking, camping and a list of other outdoor activities
- Otsego Lake – this 9 mile lake is at the center of Cooperstown outdoor activities
- Glimmerglass Opera – a non-profit opera house that strives to put on mesmerizing productions that you won’t forget
- Barnyard Swing Miniature Golf – 18 holes of Wild West-themed golf coupled with barn laser tag and open spaces for family fun, sounds like a good time!
- Cooperstown Distillery – witness the entire spirit making process, from “grain to bottle”
- Ommegang Brewery – an authentic Belgian-style farmstead brewery with a wide variety of delicious beers to satisfy any aficionado
- 25% of Cooperstown’s population walks to work.
- Cooperstown is too small to be considered a city or town, it is a village.
Have you been to Cooperstown? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Check out some of the jobs we have near Cooperstown!