Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Dyer!
WHERE: Dyer, Indiana
ABOUT: Dyer sits right on the border of Indiana and Illinois. Though it is in Indiana, Dyer is considered a southern suburb of Chicago; it is less than 40 minutes away. Just far enough from major traffic jams but close enough to enjoy a night on the town, if you want. Talk about convenient! If you want to stay within city limits, there are some unique eateries and attractions that call Dyer home. You’re in for a treat from this small town with a big personality!
- Little Italy – authentic Italian dishes served family style
- The Scrambled Diner – this award winning restaurant is dedicated to providing “a one of a kind taste experience,” their unique and well thought out menus are proof of that
- DOC’s Smokehouse and Craft Bar – BBQ and beer, what a combo!
- Meyer’s Castle – this former home is now a private venue for weddings and parties; it is truly breathtaking
- Plum Creek Meadow – the perfect place to unwind after a long day under the shady trees
- ESSE Purse Museum & Store – one of the only three museums of its kind in the world
- The Well at The Thornton Distillery – learn about the distillation process from start to finish and indulge in some of their signature cocktails
- Vino Tini Martini Lounge – expertly made martinis coupled with an amazing atmosphere
- F.I.R.S.T Shot – a virtual shooting range that runs different scenarios to sharpen your skills
- Dyer was one of the first areas inhabited in Indiana.
- This city was once ranked 97th on the “100 Best Places to Live in the US” list by CNN.
Have you been to location? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Check out some of our jobs we have available in the Dyer area!