Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Portland!
WHERE: Portland, Oregon
ABOUT: Portland, Oregon’s largest city, is known for their scenic parks, microbreweries and thriving art scenes. This is probably the only city in the country where weirdness is a personal goal for a lot of its citizens. The Freakybuttrue Peculiarium and Museum is a testament to their dedication; if you like oddities and all things strange, this is the place for you. Weirdness aside, there is only one word to describe the parks here, breathtaking. You can definitely see why Portland is known for their collection of greenery. There aren’t many places in the world like Portland. It is for sure bucket list worthy!
- Voodoo Doughnut – this one of a kind doughnut shop offers more than 50 doughnut flavors and can even customize doughnuts at the patron’s request
- Tasty n Daughters – be it for brunch or dinner, you will not be disappointed when you enjoy a meal here
- Pambiche – authentic Cuban dishes that have been passed down through the generations
- International Rose Test Garden – here you can marvel in over 10,000 rose bushes that are home to more than 600 different types of roses
- Portland Japanese Garden – it is said to be the most authentic garden of its kind outside of Japan, truly beautiful
- Albert Main Street – marvel in the local talent displayed here, the amount of art displayed along this street is amazing
- Columbia River Gorge Waterfalls Tour – on this 5 stop tour, you’ll see some of the most picturesque scenes in the country as you travel along the Columbia River
- Pearl District – in the heart of downtown Portland, you can find some of the best eateries, galleries and quaint boutiques that will help you get to know the city a little better
- Portland Breweries by Bike – sample some of the city’s tastiest beer while taking in the sights of the city
- Portland is home to the world’s smallest park – it has a total area of .29 square meters.
- The city was almost named Boston, the decision was literally made by a coin toss.
- Every summer, Portland hosts their own World Naked Bike Ride; it is a protest where “bare if you dare” is the motto.
Have you been to Portland? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Check out some of the jobs we have in the Portland area!