Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Richmond!
WHERE: Richmond, VA
ABOUT: Richmond is the capital of Virginia and one of the oldest major cities in the country, it’s over 400 years of history here. There is something here for everyone! If you like to bike, the Virginia Capital Trail is 52 miles just for you – pedestrians welcome too. Richmond has one of the best culinary scenes in the country, with several restaurants ranked among the 100 best restaurants in America by OpenTable. Indulge your inner foodie! Let’s not forget the long list of malls to pick up some souvenirs for friends and family. Make Richmond your next assignment!
- Lemaire Restaurant – with Virginia-grown ingredients and Southern influences, Lemaire gives classic dishes a modern and fresh twist
- Mama J’s Kitchen – imagine Sunday dinner at your grandma’s house, this restaurant feels like home
- Croaker’s Spot Restaurants – a family owned eatery that serves up good food and an even better time
- Maymont – this 100 acre public park is jam packed with activities, like a museum, arboretum, carriage collection and so much more
- Belle Isle – a small island off the river that has been turned into a city park
- Carytown – the perfect place to do some shopping and take in some of the museums/ galleries that Richmond has to offer
- Virginia Repertory Theatre – this is the state’s largest nonprofit professional theatre that entertains over half a million patrons a year
- RVA Paddlesports – depending on the time of year, you can go whitewater rafting and kayaking down the James River
- Historic Landmark Trolley Tour – for 2 hours you get to soak in over 400 years of history while riding a trolley through the city
- Edgar Allan Poe grew up here.
- For 6 years, from 2003 to 2009, they held an annual ferret legging contest. Contestants would place a ferret in their pants and whoever could withstand it the longest, won.
- This city was named after a city in England.
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!
Check out some of the jobs we have in the Richmond area!