Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week… Santa Fe!
WHERE: Santa Fe, NM
ABOUT: Santa Fe is New Mexico’s capital city and one of the biggest tourist attractions the state has. Being home to nearly 300 art galleries and dealers has earned the city the title of 3rd largest art market in the United States. The entertainment scene here is just as vibrant as the art, from music concerts to dance performance to theatrical shows, there is something to see almost every night of the year. You will never be bored here! If you’re visiting during the winter months this city of sun gets over 200 inches of snow, who would’ve thought?! It is the best of both worlds.
You can only read so much about a place before you just have to visit, is Santa Fe next on your list?
- La Choza Restaurant – their food is so good, that patrons drive from neighboring cities to get a taste
- Jambo Café – authentic African dishes that will make you want more
- Geronimo – this upscale eatery dates back to the mid-1700s and has been serving elegance on a plate ever since
- Meow Wolf – an innovative and unique art attraction that tells a story through exploration and interactivity
- La Cieneguilla Petroglyph Site – great for a day trip if you’re looking to learn more about the ancient people of the Santa Fe area
- Old Fort Marcy Park – this is the grounds of an American fort built by the military, since 1846 it has been overlooking the city
- Ski Santa Fe – if you love all things snowy, this ski destination is the perfect place to get your fill
- Santa Fe Opera House – a beautiful venue for any concert, one to remember
- Railyard Arts District – this area is known for its unique art displays, restaurants and shops – perfect for a night in Santa Fe
- Santa Fe is the country’s highest capital city, sitting at over 7,000 feet above sea level and the oldest, dating back to the 1608.
- Santa Fe’s full name is La Villa Real de la Santa Fé de San Francisco de Asís–the Royal Town of the Holy Faith of Saint Francis of Assisi.
- The city receives sun for about 310 days a year.
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!
Check out some of the jobs we have in the Santa Fe area!