Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Auburn!
WHERE: Auburn, WA
ABOUT: Auburn is a beautiful suburb of Seattle and is known for its thriving farming community. It is the perfect mix of a modern city and rich, historic charm that dates all the way back to the 1850s. Downtown Auburn is the place to be, whether it’s taking in the architectural beauty of the building or taking in a show at the Auburn Avenue Theater at night. This is the perfect location if you’re looking to unplug and relax but is close enough to the city to indulge in if you want. Here are some other attractions that Auburn has to offer:
- Sunbreak Café – this locally sourced and environmentally conscious eatery is the talk of the town serving an amazing menu coupled with great service
- Athens Pizza & Pasta – Voted “Best Pizza in Auburn” by the Auburn Reporter
- Rio Blanco Family Mexican Restaurant – authentic Mexican cuisine that is a must when visiting Auburn
- Flaming Geyser State Park – 503 acres of beautiful park land with more than 3 miles of freshwater shoreline along the Green River
- White River Valley Museum – brush up on some of your Auburn history here
- Emerald Downs Racetrack & Casino – the perfect place to unwind, be it in the stands watching the skilled horse/jockey combo or in the casino winning big
- Rail Hop’n Brewing Co. – a friendly and family owned microbrewery that has been bringing good times and great beer to Auburn for the past 7 years
- Soos Creek Botanical Garden – a beautiful garden that is free to visit with a goal to educate and intrigue patrons on the history and diversity of the plant life that surrounds us.
Have you been to Auburn? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!