Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Worcester!
WHERE: Worcester, MA
ABOUT: Worcester is the 2nd largest city in Massachusetts and was name after a city in England. There is a rich history within the city limits, dating back to the mid-1800s. Culturally, Worcester is very diverse; this is evident throughout the city’s shops and restaurants from various parts of the world. With only a 50 minute drive separating you from the state’s capital, Boston, you can enjoy a day trip to the big city while here on assignment. Are you ready to see what the Northeast hast offer?!
- Bocado Tapas Bar – a delicious infusion of Spanish and American cuisine that features over 40 tapas
- Mare R Monti – with deep Italian roots, this restaurant is one to remember
- Lou Roc’s Diner – best little diner for a home-style breakfast and lunch
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden – 8 miles north of Worcester is 171- acres of lush gardens, woodlands and miles of walking trails
- Worcester Art Museum – indulge in beautiful works of art that include European, Asian, Greek, Roman and American origins
- Bancroft Tower – this 120 year old miniature castle was built in memory of George Bancroft, a native politician, historian and statesman
- Ski Ward Ski Area – this winter and summer wonderland is open year-round to entertain patrons with snowy fun or sandy volleyball
- The Hanover Theatre & Conservatory for the Performing Arts – enjoy world-class performances ranging from Broadway hits to comedic geniuses and everything in between
- EcoTarium – immerse yourself into a world full of science and nature; this facility is 3 floors full of exhibits and exciting shows
- After Boston, Massachusetts, Worcester is the next largest city in the state.
- The heart symbol may also relate to the fact that Valentine’s Day cards were invented in the city.
Check out some of our jobs in and near Worcester, MA!