Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week… Indianapolis!
WHERE: Indianapolis, IN
ABOUT: Indianapolis, or Indy for short, is Indiana’s capital and largest city. Home to the Indy 500, this city is known for its natural beauty, like the White River State Park. While here on assignment, you can visit the Museum of Art or take a stroll through Monument Circle. Outside of D.C., this city has the largest collection monuments dedicated to veterans and other war casualties, a beautiful way to show remembrance. Are you ready to see what all Indianapolis has to offer?
- Café Patachou – “the student union for adults,” get an eclectic assortment of food here that will remind you of the food you enjoyed in your college days
- Tinker Street Restaurant & Wine Bar – while the food is a great representation of what Indy has to offer, the international wine selection they offere is the real star
- Harry & Izzy’s – a brain child that was hatched by 2 lifelong friends in the mid-1990s, brought authentic Italian Pizza to Indianapolis and have since opened another location loved by all
- The Canal Walk – this popular attraction the center is of downtown Indianapolis, it is perfect for walking, running and simply taking in the sights
- White River Wapahani Trail – nearly 7 miles of beautiful scenery, where you can enjoy a run, go horseback riding or marveling in the serenity of the falls; the perfect place to spend a day
- Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site – the gorgeous Victorian home of the nation’s 23rd President, where there are over 10,000 artifacts housed here
- Mass Ave Arts District – 5 blocks of theaters, restaurants, art galleries and cute independent boutiques
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum – many know the lengthy history of the city and its connection to the automotive industry, here you can learn more and really appreciate one of America’s most known sports events
- Indy 500 – if you’re lucky enough to be here during this event, you will see the city light up and become filled with people from all around
- The Indy 500 is largest single-day sporting event in the world.
- Eagle Creek Park is one of the country’s largest municipal parks.
- Indianapolis became Indiana’s capital city in 1821.
Have you been to Indianapolis? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Check out some of the other jobs we have in the Indianapolis area!