Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week… Nashville!
WHERE: Nashville, TN
ABOUT: Nashville, Tennessee! Known for being the Country Music capital of the world! Founded back in 1779, this city is named after Continental Army General Francis Nash, who fought in the Revolutionary War. As the city became popular for music and fame, the streets flooded with musicians and artists coming to showcase their talents!
- Hattie B’s Hot Chicken – This is a FIERY local fav known as “hot chicken” served with your choice of one of their 5 signature heat levels! Round out that spicy meal with a cold one and a comforting side of their famous Pimento Mac and Cheese. And if that doesn’t fill you up, finish out the meal with a hefty portion of Blackberry Peach Cobbler!
- Martin’s Bar-B-Que Joint – This BBQ joint in unlike any other! The perfect blends of signature spices then cooked over hickory wood for 24 hours! That alone is enough to make anyone’s mouth water! Even Guy Fieri is a fan of this place, stating that their meat is “beyond juicy and moist and flavorful.” Gotta love that BBQ!
- ‘Za – Who doesn’t love pizza?! This spot is known for its’ artisanal style of pizza. This is usually a quick stop shop, but once you find your way through the Hillboro Village, it’s anything but… They are wood-fire cooked pizzas that have a light and airy crust and toppings made with love!
- Glass Sculptures of Chihuly at Cheekwood – This is a 10 year old installation from the famous Dale Chihuly!
- The Belcourt – A nonprofit film center that’s been around since 1925! You can see art house films to documentaries to new releases!
- Gallery of Iconic Guitar (Gee-tars!) – This collection of guitars ranges from acoustic to electric prototypes, this is a gearhead’s heaven!
- The Grand Ole Opry House – This is a world-renowned country music stage, the best of the best perform here and you can where all the magic happens backstage!
- Guided Segway Tours of Downtown Nashville – What better way to explore the city than with a local tour guide and 2 wheels?! The tour offers a choice of times that fit your schedule to explore the city your way!
- Rolling Jamboree Comedy Country Sing-Along Bus Tour – What better way to explore the city than with your favorite country tunes and lots of laughs?!
- Nashville is home of the LARGEST songwriters’ festival in the world! Drawing over 350 contestants to perform their original work!
- In downtown Nashville there is a tower nicknamed the “Batman Building” because it resembles bat ears!
- Centennial Park is the ONLY REAL replica of the Greek Parthenon! Sometimes Nashville is referred to as the Athens of the South!
Have you been to Nashville? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!