Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Fayetteville!
WHERE: Fayetteville, NC
ABOUT: Fayetteville is a thriving town located in the southeastern region of North Carolina, about 65 miles south of Raleigh and 200 miles east of Charlotte. Located just 20 miles from the infamous Fort Bragg, this city has a strong military background and is proud of it; here you’ll find numerous military focused museums and parks that stand as a testament to the city’s patriotic spirit. Soak in some of this rich history while on assignment!
- Fabe’s Charcoal Roasting Co. – Peruvian-style grilled chicken is the star here
- 2 Rim Khong – a delicious combination of Thai and Laotian specialties
- North Carolina Veterans Park – honoring veterans from all branches of the Armed Services, you can see the an one of a kind chandelier made form 33,500 dog tags and listen to the personal stories from veterans
- Cape Fear Botanical Gardens – get lost in over 80 acres of luscious greenery where they believe “Nature is the Poetry of Earth”
- Airborne & Special Operations Museum – for over 20 years, this museum has gifted the world with the rich history of the airborne and special ops soldiers
- Black Ops Paintball – get as close to a Black Ops experience as possible, with these unique and exciting playing areas
- It’s illegal to hold more than two bingo sessions a week or hold a single bingo session longer than five hours – how specific is that?!
- Putt-Putt-style miniature golf (featuring a focus on skills, not windmills, and other frills) originated in Fayetteville in 1954.
Check out some positions we have near Fayetteville!