Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…Chinle!
WHERE: Chinle, AZ
ABOUT: Nestled in the heart of Navajo nation, Chinle is a small city in Arizona that is known for its beautiful natural structures. Though Chinle is not a modern utopia, it is filled with rich historic jewels. It is the perfect location to unplug and get connected with nature. Whether it is through the numerous earthly wonders or a peaceful day out on Wheatfields Lake, you will surely enjoy your stay here!
- Junction Restaurant – a tasty combination of American cuisine and traditional Navajo dishes
- Garcia’s – authentic Mexican food that will satisfy your taste buds
- Canyon de Chelly National Monument – many Navajo families and species of animals call this Canyon home; tourists can take detailed tours and learn about how inhabitants lived over 5,000 years ago
- The Hope Arch – take a hike or hop on a ATV to marvel in the beauty of this natural structure
- Beauty Way Jeep Tours – for over 60 years this family owned business has been educating tourist on the areas rich Navajo history in a fleet of classic Jeep Wranglers
- The Thunderbird Lodge – this areas hidden gem and the perfect place to get authentic Native Arts and Jewelry
- Ancient Canyon Private Tours – one of the best touring services this area has to offer, you’ll be able to see:
- The White House Ruins
- Spider Rock
- Mummy Cave
- & so much more!
- There are as many as 800 known archaeological sites just within the Canyon de Chelly national monument
Have you been to Chinle? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Check out some of the jobs near Chinle!