Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week… Lake Havasu City!
WHERE: Lake Havasu City, AZ
ABOUT: Lake Havasu City is located on what is known as “Arizona’s West Coast,” shore of Lake Havasu along the Colorado River border of California and Arizona. It is just three hours’ driving time west of Phoenix, 2½ hours south of Las Vegas and four to five hours east of the Los Angeles area – hello weekend trip! It’s known as a base for trails in the nearby desert and water sports on Lake Havasu. This city hosts over 800,000 visitors a year, which marvel in the natural beauty and the historic significance of The London Bridge. It is definitely something to see! Relax and take in some of the beautiful scenery the city has to offer while here on assignment.
- Juicy’s – named after the family’s beloved dog, this eatery has been serving delicious food to the area since 1951
- College Street Brewhouse & Pub – “real beer, real food, real people”
- Sara Park – tons of activities to choose from here to keep you busy, whether its hiking on the trails or seeing what the water has to offer
- London Bridge – the original bridge from England was purchased by the founder of Lake Havasu City and reconstructed at Lake Havasu in 1971
- Aquatic Center – great place for all ages! These climate controlled pools/slides are the perfect escape from the Arizona heat
- Bird Watching Havasu – there are more than 350 species of bird that call this area home
- When dismantled in London, England, each stone of the London Bridge was numbered for reassembly in Lake Havasu City.
Have you been to Lake Havasu City? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Check out some of the positions near Lake Havasu City!