Welcome to Anders Group’s weekly location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week…!
WHERE: Anchorage, AK
ABOUT: Only in Anchorage can you meet a moose, walk on a glacier, and explore a vast, natural park all in a single day. This city is surrounded by parks, mountains, and filled beautiful wildlife. Here you can get the feelings of a big city town and still appreciate the last frontier. No matter the season, Anchorage is a beautiful location to spend 13+ weeks.
- Glacier Brewhouse – “…the warm spot on a cold Alaskan night”
- Jack Sprat – with locally grown produce and Alaskan caught seafood, this restaurant showcases delicious flavors from around the world
- Eagle and Symphony Lakes – one of the best sites in Anchorage; on one side you have aquamarine Symphony Lake and on the other, there’s green Eagle Lake – breathtaking!
- Potter Marsh Bird Sanctuary – no matter the season, you can find dozens of species of birds that call this habitat home
- Matanuska Glacier Walk – marvel at the ice caves and take in the wonders of the mysterious glaciers on this tour
- Girdwood Brewing Company – enjoy a fun atmosphere and amazing beer here
- The largest salmon caught in Alaska was 97.25 pounds
- There are approximately 100 languages spoken in Anchorage School District
Have you been to Anchorage? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!