Welcome to Anders Group’s Location Spotlight where we share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations!
WHERE: Salem, OR
ABOUT: Salem offers visitors and locals a perfect mix of historic sites and opportunities for outdoor recreation. As Oregon’s state capitol located in the Willamette Valley, there is plenty to see and do, including visiting local landmarks and tasting wines from exquisite vineyards.
- Wild Pear Owned by two sisters and their brother, Wild Pear provides superb hospitality and Northwest regional cuisine. Wild Pear is in Salem’s historic downtown; a great eatery while exploring downtown.
- Word of Mouth This local restaurant serves delicious breakfast and lunch to locals and tourists, alike – in a house converted into a neighborhood bistro.
- Schreiner’s Iris Gardens 10-acres of beautiful iris flowers bloom seasonally at the Schreiner’s Iris Gardens. The flowers are full of color and bound to brighten up your home or garden.
- Riverfront Park Riverfront Park is home to Salem’s Carousel, Discovery Village, and the EcoEarth Globe. You can also board the Willamette Queen Sternwheeler from the park’s docks for a river cruise.
- Cristom Vineyards Located in the Willamette Valley, Cristom Vineyards is one of many vineyards in the area. Although known for their Pinot Noir, Cristom is also known for their unique blend of tradition, modernity, and finesse.
- Salem Public Market Open year-round, the Salem Public Market is a great way to spend your Saturday morning. Vendors at the market include local farmers, crafters, food vendors, and seasonal products.
- Salem sits on the 45th Parallel, which means it’s the center point between the North Pole and the equator.
- The state of Oregon has had three distinct capitol buildings in Salem. The first two burned down. The current capitol building was built in 1935.
To see available roles in Salem, Oregon, click here.
Have you been to Salem? What did you eat, see, and do? Leave your recommendations below!
Have a location you want to spotlight? Let us know in the comments!