Welcome to Anders Group’s location spotlight where we’ll share what to eat, see, and do in some of the most popular Travel Assignment locations! Up this week Garden City, Kansas!
WHERE: Garden City, Kansas
ABOUT: Garden City’s diverse culture makes it a unique place to live, work, and play. The community is home to several financial institutions, medical facilities, and retail shopping areas. However, with several feedlots, fields, and grain elevators throughout the county, the local economy remains driven largely by agriculture.
- Las Margaritas – With a menu that highlights traditional Mexican dishes and tasty drinks from the bar, Las Margaritas is a great place to go for lunch or dinner.
- Traditions Soda – If you’re craving good American diner food, Traditions Soda is the place to go. From a great club sandwich to the apple pie, your taste buds will not complain.
- Finney County Historical Museum – Come and learn more about the vision of Finney County’s founding fathers and the history leading up to today’s fastest growing county in Kansas.
- Garden City Arts – The gallery houses new exhibits every month and has a great selection of gifts created by Kansas-based artisans.
- Lee Richardson Zoo – The accredited zoo is free to visitors and home to hundreds of native and exotic animals; located on 50 beautifully landscaped acres.
- Parrot Cove Indoor Waterpark – A great getaway location for locals and those passing through for people of all ages.
- The Tiger King was born in Garden City.
- Garden City has the biggest zoo in western Kansas and admission is $0.